[Cartoweb-users] demoPlugins customization

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 14 02:03:37 EST 2008

Everything is possible!

Short answer, yes you can, but be sure to correctly reset the plugins
configuration.

Using an existing project has advantages and disadvantage, you already have
a basis, but you need to modify/remove all the existing configuration,
especially when quite a lot of plugins depends of the data available and
since you change the data, you will get conflicts.

As for MySQL, I am not knowledgable with it's spatial extension. If the sql
syntax is the same as with postgis for spatial queries, then it will work,
as we use Pear:DB as generic database connector, but I havent tried myself
nor do I know anyone who did.
>From what I can read in the mysql doc, the functions used in the sql in
Cartoweb's edit plugin seems to exist also in mysql, so it *may* work.

If you try, please let me know the result.