[Cartoweb-users] Re: query a row from a layer

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Thu Feb 14 02:13:18 EST 2008

Hi Ben

well, basically one row of data equal one ID, so if you know the id of the data you want, mapserver will display it (as long as your data contains at least one unique ID (key) for each objects/features).
It is the basis of the query plugin, when doing a query by id.

You can also directly do that in the mapfile, with class selector, if you want to have one layer display only one feature.

And lastly, you can do that dynamicaly if needed with the mapOverlay plugin, to change the class selector of a layer.

So it mostly depends of what you want.