[Cartoweb-users] Re:Error in Publishing My Own Data

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Jan 17 10:36:03 EST 2008

mohsen hassan wrote:
> Hi,all
> Hi,Mr karsten vennemann
>
> I checked the path and the name of the layer and the path of data file and
> all are correct.I didn't now where the error.
> please you can guide me where may be the error and what is the correct step
> i do to add my layer to work correct.

Don't know to much about win32
but a
C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3/projects/WebMap/server_conf/WebMap/data/reg_france)

which mix \ and / will lead one day or another to a big failure.
Try to adopt one style and keep it along all devs.

/ is better as it's also full posix system standard.
and php have no trouble to find is way with it.

The second point is to raise error_reporting in php and log error in file (see documentation about this in php website)
You could modify the .htaccess file in the root of your cartoweb.

The other clear point is
msSHPOpenFile():(C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3/projects/WebMap/server_conf/WebMap/reg_france)

Error in msSHPOpenFile():
(C:\ms4w\apps\cartoweb3/projects/WebMap/server_conf/WebMap/data/reg_france)

did you see the "data" diff ??? ;-)

Hope this helps you to get one step futher.

     Bruno Friedmann  bruno at ioda-net.ch