[Cartoweb-users] refresh map

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Tue Jul 1 04:19:02 EDT 2008

Hi

You could certainly do an timed ajax call that would send a request to the
server every x min/sec to check if some modifications have been done on the
layers. but it means you also need to add some code on php side so the
information about the layers state is available (modifed, not modified or
maybe modification date/time)
then if the date/time (sent via ajax) of the map image displayed in the
user's browser is older than the last layer modification, trigger the image
coreplugin, otherwise do nothing.
that way you do not have to reload the whole map image if there was no
modification.

something like that.