[Cartoweb-users] Modify a shapefile

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:01:07 EDT 2008

Giovanni Virdis ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I don’t understand if is possible modify a shape file without using a
> db connection.
>
> I want , if is possible, draw a geometry in shape file and modify the
> attribute, I repeat without using a db.
>
> Can someone help me

Hi!
If u want to modify SHP file trought Cartoweb using on-line (Web)
Editing you can do it only from PostgreSQL\PostGIS! So, you must:

1. Import your SHP file in PostGIS
2. Modify it using Edition plugin (geometries and alphanumeric data)
3. Export your PostGIS table in SHP file

You can do it also using WFS-T protocol (for example, your WFS service
should be connected directly to your SHP file), but in this case you
can't use Cartoweb.
A very good WFS, WFS-T application for me is GeoServer. So, you could
use GeoServer + OpenLayers.There are many other solutions... for example
OpenLayers + FeatureServer, MapFish (Cartoweb4) +Edition Plugin , and so
on ...

Bye!!

--
Ing. Fabio D'Ovidio