[Cartoweb-users] Cartoweb and virtual server

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Jun 18 07:50:01 EDT 2008

Hi

we have some projects running in windows vmware instances on an esx server, and on our linux servers we usualy have Cartoweb installed on debian over openvz

I dont have any benchmark of these various virtualisations, though the performances on the vmware instance are certainly not as good as on a physical server.
The difference is less noticable for linux, but openvz is not a full virtualisation system anyway.