[Cartoweb-users] Re: [Cartoweb-dev] Time navigation

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Jun 20 09:42:11 EDT 2008

the dev mailing list is only intended if you would like to participate to correction/modification/improvement of the core code of Cartoweb

I would say the easiest would be to use a postgres/postgis layer and set the data sql query dynamicaly via a new plugin, using either the mapOverlay plugin or mapscript directly if you feel like it.

Your plugin would only need client->server action so you can pretty much use the existing example available on the wiki: http://www.cartoweb.org/cwiki/HowToDisplayOnTheMapAPointFromADatabaseQuery
the action of that example plugin is obviously different, but the global structure and logic is the same.

also search the mailinglist for the multiple questions regarding mapOverlay usage, there was a lot of answer about that already.