[Cartoweb-users] Simple legend dropdown?

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Wed Jun 25 03:41:05 EDT 2008

Hi
possible yes,
easily no

you can relatively easily define some extra metadata for the layers which
should not be displayed under the dropdown and then hack the layers.tpl by
adding the corresponding metadata in {if..} clauses ( {if
$element.layerMeta.special_meta_hidesp}...{else}...{/if} )
but there would still be a problem: the layer would need to be autoactivated
when the select change and as far as I know this can only be done on php
level.
So you would need to extend ClientLayers (see
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html#dev.newplugin.adapting.overriding)
and touch up the function fetchLayer (maybe, I havent investigated in
details)