[Cartoweb-users] additional Text in pdfExport

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Mar 3 08:16:20 EST 2008

Hi Christoph

if the query is statical, you can add a content block and specify the sql
directly in the configuration file:
http://www.cartoweb.org/doc_head/docbook/xhtml/user.pdf.html#user.pdf.tutorial.block.text
blocks.myText.content = "db~pgsql://user:password@localhost/dbname~select
name,
                         phone_number from phone_book where area_id =
12"then simply "activate" the "myText" block in the main
general.activatedBlocks parameter (usualy at the top of exportPdf.ini)

and position/style the block like any other block

but if the query is dynamic (change depending of the area or other factor)
you will need to extend the ClientExportPdf class to add a new block
handling.

see for example in function getExport(), the lines:

        if (isset($this->blocks['currentuser'])) {
            $sm = SecurityManager::getInstance();
            $user = $sm->getUser();
            $this->blocks['currentuser']->content = $user;
        }

which display the current user name.

so you would need to add something like this :

        if (isset($this->blocks['myText'])) {
            $this->blocks['myText']->content = $getMyTextContent();
        }

and

function getMyTextContent() {
    // either make the sql query here or call a existing plugin to get the
content
    $content = ...

    return $content;
}