[Cartoweb-users] Tooltips again

frequens frequens at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:44:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Oliver Christen
<oliver.christen at camptocamp.com> wrote:
> why did you copy the toolTips folder from CW_root to myproject/plugins/ ?
>  this is likely to break something in some way or another. I wouldnt do that
>  unless you have some very good reason to do it.
>
>  from 3.3 to 3.4, only the Mouse Timeout Asynchronous remain, the other modes
>  are not supported anymore. Were you using one of the other modes (Area
>  Asynchronous, Area Direct) ?
>
>  regards
>  Oliver

Well, this was (I think) a must with 3.3.

I  deleted the toolTips folder from project's plugins and now I am
completely stunned.

Using tooltips on three layers. With exactely the same project.map and
toolTips.ini two layers now work in 3.4, all three in 3.3.
The only difference between the layers is that two successfull are
based on postgresql views using a subset of the data from the table
which produces a third layer.
Both installations are on the same machine using the same postgresql
database, the same php, the same mapscript 5.0.2....

Could the customized notworkinglayer.tpl be responsible for that (not
being processed in 3.4, but being processed in 3.3? Yet then,
commenting the layer's template line out should force it to use
generic layerResult.tpl. Even so, no result

BR

frequens