[Cartoweb-users] Edit layer

Albert Casanovas casanovas at k2sistemas.com.br
Wed May 28 09:42:04 EDT 2008

Hi Giovanni,

We have implemented a solution for what you are trying to do. When you select the layer it displays the information and then you can click a button to add aditional information to it, extending the metadata outside of the mapfile:

First you have to do an icon for the button and put it in the edit/htdocs/gfx (in our case it was named 'edit_series.gif'

Then in the dhtmlEdit.js file in the function Map.prototype.editTableAddRow you have to replace the last part by the following:

  // rencenter on feature
  if (aFeature.operation != 'insert') {

 //Recenter
    var image = createInput(td, 'edit_recenter', '', 'image');
    image.src = xGetElementById("edit_recenter").src;
    image.border = "0";
    image.href = "#";
    image.onclick = function() {
      var id_recenter_ids = xGetElementById('id_recenter_ids');
      if (id_recenter_ids == null)
        var input = createInput(myform, 'id_recenter_ids', aFeature.id, 'hidden');
      else
        id_recenter_ids.value = aFeature.id;

      var id_recenter_layer = xGetElementById('id_recenter_layer');
      if (id_recenter_layer == null)
        var input = createInput(myform, 'id_recenter_layer', myform.edit_layer.value, 'hidden');
      else
        id_recenter_layer.value = myform.edit_layer.value;
      doSubmit();
    }

 //xAppendChild(td, image);
  xAppendChild(row, td);

 var td = xCreateElement("td");

 //Editar Serie
 var image2 = createInput(td, 'edit_series', '', 'image');
    image2.src = xGetElementById("edit_series").src;
    image2.border = "0";
    image2.href = "#";
    image2.onclick = function(){
  window.open ("http://localhost/cartoweb3/htdocs/agroGeo/talhao.php?id="+aFeature.id,"","width=680,height=500,resizable=1,scrollbars=1");