[Cartoweb-users] Confused about .po files

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Oct 16 03:07:11 EDT 2008

Chris Duncan, GISmatters wrote:
[snip]...

> One final detail that adds to my confusion: on my development machine
> (WinXP, Apache server) I get message text like "Zoom in" or "Query by
> rectangle" when I hover over the tools; when I upload my project to the
> live web server (Windows Server, IIS) the tips are the message IDs
> instead of the text ("zoomin", "query_by_bbox"). Why do they differ?
>
> Thanks in advance to any of you who can help me understand this! Cheers,
>
> Chris

Issue from the gallery2 install manual.

 Gettext extension

    * In order to make the localization of g2 (multi-language) work you need the gettext extension of php. This can be enabled
in php.ini. G2 does hint you for that. However gettext is a little strange extension.

    * Find

;extension=php_gettext.dll

replace it with

extension=php_gettext.dll

But now comes the crux. php_gettext.dll is depending on \php-install-dir\dll\iconv.dll All other extensions work flawlessly for
me. But gettext.dll required me to put iconv.dll into a dir that is included in the searchpath. E.g. /windows/system32 I then
overreacted and copied all dll's to that /system32 dir. The manual of php 4 tells you to copy the dll's to the /php-install-dir/
but that only works if you add manually the php dir into the path statement of windows.

In other way I would suggest to put the extension dir into the system path.

--

     Bruno Friedmann