[Cartoweb-users] Edit plugin.

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Fri Sep 26 02:33:45 EDT 2008

mmm, the plugin was not designed to deal with predefined/constant values.

you need to extend the edit plugin and add something like this at the end of the filterPostRequest function :

        // look in $request for any new feaures and insert the timestamp, var1, var2, sessionid
        $r = $request->getRequest();
        $nf = array();
        foreach ($r as $key => $value) {
            if (strpos($key, 'edit_feature_') !== false) {
                if (array_key_exists('operation', $value) && $value['operation'] == 'insert') {
                    $value['timestamp'] = date('Y-m-d');
                    $value['var1'] = 'default value for var1';
                    $value['var2'] = 'default value for var2';
                    $value['sessionid'] = $r['PHPSESSID'];
                    $nf[$key] = $value;
                }
            }
        }
        // insert modified feature back into $request
        foreach ($nf as $key => $value) {
            $request->setValue($key, $value);
        }

see http://www.cartoweb.org/doc/cw3.5/xhtml/dev.newplugin.html#dev.newplugin.adapting.extending
there are multiple example in the mailinglist archive about extending plugins