[Cartoweb-users] installation query

Daniel McInerney daniel.mcinerney at ucd.ie
Thu Dec 17 12:10:53 EST 2009

Hi List,

I'm experiencing some trouble installing
cartoweb3 on a debian linux server (configuration
details below [1]). The following command returns:

 >php cw3setup.php --install --base-url http://base.url.ie/cartoweb3/htdocs

installing
Creating directories
Setting permissions
Copying .ini.dist files into .ini (if not existing)
Copying/linking resources into htdocs
Copied <files>.in into <files> for projects: all
Launching makemaps script for projects: all
Warning: Gettext command msgfmt or msgcat was not found: translations
won't work
If you want to use internationalisation, be sure to have gettext installed
See http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/ (for Windows, see
http://gettext.sourceforge.net/)
Installation finished...

When I load the index page in http://base.url.ie/cartoweb3/htdocs
the Welcome page appears, but none of the demos work. Unfortunately,
nothing loads when I click on them.

I guess I'm overlooking something simply, but any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

[1] Linux 2.6.26-2-686