[Cartoweb-users] Add the query tool icon on query.tpl

Oliver Christen oliver.christen at camptocamp.com
Mon Mar 2 03:58:56 EST 2009

Hi

the toolbar template was not really designed to be called within plugin's
template, though it is possible but not really nice.

1) duplicate the toolbar.tpl in your project/templates folder and modify
{foreach from=$tools item=tool} to {foreach from=$tools2 item=tool}

2) extend the query plugin client part, so you can add a function to fetch
the new toolbar template and inject it into the query template:

    protected function drawTools() {

        $this->smarty2 = new Smarty_Plugin($this->getCartoclient(), $this);

        $this->smarty2->assign(array(
            'tools2' => $this->cartoclient->getFormRenderer()->getTools(),
            'group' => '6'
            ));
        return $this->smarty2->fetch('../../../templates/toolbar2.tpl');

    }

and call the drawTools() function from drawQuery() with:
$smarty->assign('tool_injection', $this->drawTools());

and add in your query.tpl the additional smarty variable: {$tool_injection}

and add groupPlugin = 6 in query.ini

it should work but this comes with absolutly no guaranty