[Cartoweb-users] no map image refresh in IIS and php 5.2.x

dirk czech info at dc-datasoft.de
Mon Mar 23 06:08:05 EST 2009

Hi,
I've got the same problem with my IE 7. Zoom in and out does not function.
The west, south...-buttons do.
Firefox has no problem with ajax. But if I write a map-client for the
Internet, I have the problem, that there are allways users who use the IE -
and they just say, my website does not work. So i switched off ajax -which
is a pitty.

In the internet you find a lot of links which describe problems with IE and
Ajax. It seems to be a cashing-problem of the IE and does not depend on
security settings. Here is a link, which explains it:
http://www.tutorials.de/forum/javascript-ajax/262008-ajax-problem-internet-explorer-friert-ein.html
and here a link with a solution (in german):
http://www.tutorials.de/forum/javascript-ajax/262008-ajax-problem-internet-explorer-friert-ein.html
You need to set a time-stamp.

I am no programmer of Cartoweb, so I don't know, whow to fix the problem.
Does any programmer have a suggestion? It would be an advantage for cartoweb
if IE and ajax will work properly

Regards
Dirk Czech