[Cartoweb-users] ExportPdf Problems with AGG Rendering

Dahinden Adrian a.dahinden at geo-thun.ch
Thu Nov 26 04:31:52 EST 2009

Hi list

I have troubles with the exportPdf plugin. In one of my project I only can print with a resolution of about 120dpi. When I choose a higher resolution, the process of generating the PDF breaks off after a few seconds and the browser returns an empty white site.

Some time ago I changed the Rendering engine from GD to AGG. I suspect that there is a context between the new rendering and the printing problem.

Things I did to solve this issue:

-          changed back to GD rendering -> this solves the problem! but I want to be able to printing with more than 120dpi by AGG rendering

-          increased the max_execution_time in /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini to 30 seconds. -> the breaking is always before this limit

-          the very strange thing is, that in other CartoWeb Projects (also running with AGG) I don't have this problem

Here is the beginning of my mapfile:

MAP

  NAME "vs-geo"

  EXTENT 480000 80000 800000 280000

  IMAGETYPE PNG

  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

  STATUS ON

  UNITS METERS

  FONTSET "fonts.conf"

  SYMBOLSET "vs-geo.sym"

  SHAPEPATH "/var/local/cartoweb/"

  OUTPUTFORMAT

    NAME png

    DRIVER AGG/PNG

    MIMETYPE "image/png"

    IMAGEMODE RGB

    EXTENSION "png"

    FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"

  END

  OUTPUTFORMAT

    NAME jpeg

            DRIVER AGG/JPEG

            MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"

    IMAGEMODE RGB

            EXTENSION "jpg"

  END

Has anybody experiences of printing with AGG rendering? Are there any important settings which I must consider?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Adrian Dahinden

Dütschler & Naegeli