[Cartoweb-users] raster compatibility towards Win-Unix

Simone Frigerio simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 17 10:58:12 EST 2010

Hi,
I translated a Win environment project CW3 in Unix server. With some
work and settings now it work, but the problem is about raster migration
(no problem on Win).
Different kind or raster format and compression type has been tested,
this is the result:
 On Win server, for kind of raster:
- SID: not working  (probably not supported)
- IMG: working
- ECW:  working
- JPG2000: working
- esri GRID working
On Unix server, for kind of raster:
- SID: not working  (probably not supported)
- IMG: not working
- ECW:  not working
- JPG2000: not working
- esri GRID working

My idea is probably due to a GDAL special conversion for Unix env. I
see, for example for ECW format, http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW
like a potential help, but I am not expert about it. Is it true? Are
there other issues? Can a new library support all file raster
incompatibility, or is type-settled?
Thanks.
Simone