[Chameleon-dev] code reorg and skinning support

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri Apr 23 07:38:00 EDT 2004

Zak,

would you suggest that these files be located directly in htdocs rather
than in the widgets directory?  I am tempted to agree since there are
already files in the htdocs directory that support the chameleon core.
I believe that it was a somewhat arbitrary decision initially to put
these files in with the widgets (i.e. it made sense in a flat directory
structure, not from an architectural point of view).

The other side of the argument is that the files in the htdocs directory
are purely there for the chameleon core engine and everything in the
widgets directory is specific or common to widgets.  I still like this
separation now that I think about it.

Comments and suggestions welcome on this.  It will take me a couple of
days to make the other changes so we some time to make a decision on
this one.

Paul