[Chameleon-dev] code reorg and skinning support

Normand Savard nsavard at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 26 17:32:39 EDT 2004

>> On Apr 23, 2004, at 7:38 AM, Paul Spencer wrote:
>>

>>> Comments and suggestions welcome on this.  It will take me a couple
>>> of days to make the other changes so we some time to make a decision
>>> on this one.
>>>
>>> Paul

I have some comments to do.

Regarding "chameleon/test_suite" directory.  I suggest that we follow
the same structure as the actual "testsuites" structure which means:

  -test type/programming language of the test
      examples:  test_suite/unit_tests/js_tests/
                       test_suite/unit_tests/php_tests/
                       test_suite/script_tests/php_tests/
                       and so on ...

Regarding "chameleon_samples" directory we should think to the future.
I make myself clearer.  Suppose in one year from here we'll end up with
five more samples where are we going to save them?  I suggest the
following structure:

  chameleon/samples/sample1
                                sample2
                                sample3

where "sample#" could be a specific name like for instance "france_map",
"world_map" and so on...

Regarding "chameleon/htdocs/common/widgets" directory, I think we should
think about users contribution widgets.  Where are going to store them?
We should keep our widgets separate from user widgets.

Norm