[Chameleon-dev] chameleon cvs

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Fri May 28 12:11:08 EDT 2004

All,

I'm putting in place some slightly tighter controls on chameleon cvs,
driven by the need to stabilize everything for the 1.99 release process,
but also to provide better control over chameleon as a whole.

My first change is to track changes to cvs and have them sent to a mail
alias.  I'm not intending to open this up to the world, but if someone
has a need to see changes to cvs as they happen, then let me know and I
may add you to the list.

The second change is a procedural change.  From this point forward, all
commits to cvs that are of a non-trivial nature (like removing
whitespace or debug statements) must be associated with a bugzilla bug
number.  This is a tricky one, and I may be among the worst offenders ;)
but I think it is critical to promote traceability and potentially
discussion of technical issues in general.

Note that the second change *should* remove the necessity of anyone
other than me being on the cvs notification alias since all bugs are
copied to chameleon-dev at lists.maptools.org, which is a pipermail list
that anyone can join.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Paul