[Chameleon-dev] Extending MapScript Or Embeding PHP In The .html Files

Bart Wood bartwood at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:10:13 EDT 2005

Hello All,
I've installed Chameleon and I'm very happy with it so far.
Now I'm trying to add a shopping cart to select / request data shown
on my map.  Unfortunately I've realized that I can't embed php in the
.html file containing the <cwc2> tags because the php isn't
interpreted.  I also know that I need communication from the <cwc2>
tags to my new php code (the php needs to know what data was selected)
and I'm unclear on how this is accomplished.

Do I need to extend mapscript to create new <cwc2> tags with
corresponding functionality?
Is there a way I can embed php in the .html file?
Or is there some widget out there that I can hack to act like a shopping cart?
Or better yet is there a shopping cart widget out there?

If I need to create a new <cwc2> widget can anyone out there lend some hints?

Thanks for any help.