[Chameleon-dev] Chameleon 2.2 is coming

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 25 15:56:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

A quick overview of what is coming. In the next two weeks I will be
working on the Chameleon release. The goal is to have Chameleon 2.2 out
for the conference, mid-June. This gives us 2 weeks to finish the
release cycle. For now there's not to much bugs in the stack so things
should go not-too-crazy.

Here's the plan:
Release Chameleon 2.2 beta2 at the end of the week (or monday)
Release Chameleon RC1 on the 3rd based on the feedback of the beta2
Release Chameleon 2.2 on the 13

I know this is a very short time frame, but if we want it for the
conference we have no choice.

What this mean is that for now, until we branch 2.2 in CVS, there should
be no new big changes in Chameleon (As before).
This also mean that little enhancements should be added this week. After
that, only real bug fixes will be allowed until the final release.

I will start by fixing the 2.2 targeted bugs and then I will check any
with a severity above normal. And if I have time, I may pick some bugs
in the list we have (there's 200 of them). If you want other bugs to be
included in the release, please contact me.

Thanks
Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
DM Solutions Group               http://www.dmsolutions.ca/