[Chameleon-dev] how I can configure mapfile to display my district.shp

AMBELE MWAFULA ambele at suanet.ac.tz
Fri Feb 22 11:41:59 EST 2008

Hi,
I have three files name district.shp,district.shx and district.dbf placed
in data directory.I have tried to configure mapfile so that the map can be
displayed unsuccessfully.See how I have configured mapfile

#
# Start of map file
#
# Sample map file for a chameleon app.
#
NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 300
SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.sym
EXTENT -2594561 -712631 3467361 3840000
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "../data"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
TRANSPARENT FALSE
#
# Start of web interface definition
#
WEB
  #MINSCALE 2000000
  #MAXSCALE 50000000
#
# On Windows systems, /tmp and /tmp/ms_tmp/ should be created at the root
# of the drive where the .MAP file resides.
#
  IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
#  LOG "/tmp/gmap.log"
  METADATA
  END
END
#
# Start of reference map
#
REFERENCE
   IMAGE images/keymap.gif
   EXTENT -2594561 -712631 3467361 3840000
   STATUS ON
  COLOR -1 -1 -1
  OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
  SIZE 120 90
END
#
# Start of legend
#
LEGEND
  KEYSIZE 18 12
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE MEDIUM
    COLOR 0 0 89
  END
  STATUS ON
END
#
# Start of scalebar
#
SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  LABEL
    COLOR 0 0 0
    SIZE SMALL
  END
  SIZE 150 5
  COLOR 255 255 255
  BACKGROUNDCOLOR 0 0 0
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  UNITS kilometers
  INTERVALS 5
  STATUS ON
END
QUERYMAP
  STYLE HILITE
  COLOR 255 0 0
END

PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
END
#
# Start of layer definitions
#

LAYER
  GROUP "Polygon"
  NAME district
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION" "district"
    "GROUP" "Polygon"
    "LAYER" "district"
  END
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  DATA district
  CLASS
    NAME "district"
    COLOR 240 240 240
    OUTLINECOLOR 199 199 199
  END
PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
END
END # layer

END # Map File

So help me what am I supposed to change so that the map could be displayed
Mr Ambele Mwafula
Student,University of Dar es Salaam,
Tanzania