MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon and CGDI questions

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:05:07 -0400
Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> okay so Chameleon always depends on Mapscript. I always had the idea
> Mapscript was specific for UMN Mapserver, is this a wrong assumption
> then? Does Mapscript talk to UMN Mapserver through its WMS interface?

MapScript *is* MapServer.  MapServer comes in several flavors: CGI
(mapserv) and several MapScript flavors (PHP, Perl, Python, Tcl, ...).
The WMS Server interface on top of MapServer could also be considered
another flavor.

Chameleon uses MapServer for various things, one of them being its WMS
*client* capabilities.  Chameleon uses MapScript to fetch and assemble
layers from remote WMS servers, reproject them, etc...

 > And what versions of WMS are supported?

WMS v1.0.0, 1.0.7 and 1.1.0 are supported.

  Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca