MapTools.org

[Chameleon] PHP Mapscript and Chameleon

Liz Godwin godwinl@agr.gc.ca
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:06:49 -0500
I would like to know the extent to which I can use PHP / Mapscript with
Chameleon while avoiding making a new widget.  Has anyone done this, or
know about it?

I talked briefly with Tom Kralidis about this, and he said that I could
use a php file as a template if I reference it http://path/template.php,
because the php would be interpreted by the server before being passsed
to Chameleon.

However, can I send this template requests stored in form variables
much the same way I would with a normal self processing php page?  How
does that interfere with Chameleon?

Why do I want to do this?

There are some things I want to do, or may want to do, that are not
written into widgets, and that I may not want to write into a widget.
I'm still exploring my options, this is just part of it.  I have some
dynamic layers, special query templates, and HTML legends.

Cheers,

Liz