MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Map and keymap not loading

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:48:49 -0400
Hi all,

I am using Chameleon 1.1 alpha6. I have used the sample given on the
website as a template to test with using my own data to no avail. It
seems that both the sample and the test I created do not load up the map
and keymap. On my test page, the scalebar loads fine, and all buttons
and their functionality (cursorpos, ruler, etc.).

The scalebar image and map file are created in the temp directory, but
that is all. I am pretty sure the map file works, because I have gotten
it to load up in php. The 'loading image please wait' icon stays visible
all the time, and when I click on the keymap, or try to use one of the
zoom buttons, I get a new browser window that says that the page cannot
be displayed.

I can't seem to be able to figure this one out, but I feel really close
to figuring it out. I hope I have provided enough background info.
Thanks a bunch!

Rene

PS Here is the cwc2.xml file:

<app-context>
    <context-param>
        <param-name>cwc2_url</param-name>
        <param-value>http://10.2.185.9/chameleon</param-value>
        <description>This is the URL that points to the HTDOCS
directory of the local cwc2 installation.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>server_data_path</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/data</param-value>
        <description>This is where cached capabilities and other
information, common to each session, should be. When a user start a new
session, all files from that directory are copied to
user_session_tmp_path</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>web_server_path</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/htdocs</param-value>
        <description>This is where chameleon.php script is
located.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>ows_schemas_location</param-name>
        <param-value>http://ogc.dmsolutions.ca</param-value>
        <description>URL pointing to the root of a repository of OGC
schemas.  See http://ogc.dmsolutions.ca for an example.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>wms_parse_file</param-name>

<param-value>c:/chameleon11a/htdocs/common/wmsparse/win32/wmsparse.exe</param-value>
        <description>Full file path to the binary wms parser executable
('/path/to/wmsparse' on Unix, '/path/to/wmsparse.exe' on Windows).
Leave empty to use the built in PHP parser (slower).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>wms_connectiontimeout</param-name>
        <param-value>240</param-value>
        <description>Maximum time in seconds that MapServer will wait
for an answer from a WMS server.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>allow_upload_context</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>Enable the "Upload map context" feature? (true or
false).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>allow_upload_template</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>Allow use of the 'TEMPLATE=' parameter when
calling the CWC2 instance to specify any CWC2 HTML template url? (true
or false)  If set to false then the value of 'default_template' config
parameter is always used.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>cache_template</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>If template come from a remote server
(http://....), the template is download from that remote server and
saved on local server for further loading. For performace, it is
prefered to set this value to "true". If the remote server template is
dynamic, this value should be set to "false" so the template will be
loaded remotely every page load.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>validate_template</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>Validate the attributes of each tag in the input
template.  This should be set to true for debugging but may be set to
false in a production environment to enhance performance.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>default_language</param-name>
        <param-value>en-CA</param-value>
        <description>Default language specifier. (en-CA or
fr-CA)</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>default_template</param-name>

<param-value>c:/chameleon11a/htdocs/geobase_en.html</param-value>
        <description>Default HTML template to use with this CWC2
instance.  Used when TEMPLATE= parameter not set, or when
allow_upload_template config parameter is set to false.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>invalid_session_template</param-name>
        <param-value></param-value>
        <description>Template to display if session is
invalid.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>default_context</param-name>

<param-value>c:/chameleon11a/htdocs/gmap_context.xml</param-value>
        <description>Default map context to load when starting this
application</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>map_template</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/htdocs/template.map</param-value>
        <description>Default MapServer mapfile template to use when
uploading a context file.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>mapscript_module</param-name>
        <param-value>php_mapscript_4.0.1.dll</param-value>
        <description>Mapscript module name (i.e. php_mapscript_40.dll
for Windows installations or php_mapscript_40.so for Unix
installations).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>log_path</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/temp</param-value>
        <description>Directory in which to write log
files.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>log_error</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>This define if chameleon should log errors in
session. If set to false, no errors will be logged at
all.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>log_level</param-name>
        <param-value>LOG_ALL</param-value>
        <description>Control the application runtime logging level.
Must be one of LOG_OFF, LOG_QUIET, LOG_VERBOSE or
LOG_ALL.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>image_type</param-name>
        <param-value>PNG</param-value>
        <description>Output image type (eg: PNG, GIF). Must be
uppercase. This image format MUST be supported by your browser and GD
(on the server). Please don't change that value unless you know what
you'r doing.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>button_cache_path</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/temp</param-value>
        <description>Directory in which to write image files generated
for buttons.  This directory must be writable by the web server user and
web accessible.  For performance reasons, this directory should not be
cleaned out automatically.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>button_cache_web_path</param-name>
        <param-value>http://10.2.185.9/temp</param-value>
        <description>The URL where a browser can find cached button
images.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>tmp_web_path</param-name>
        <param-value>http://10.2.185.9/temp</param-value>
        <description>URL where browser can find temporary files as
context or images</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>tmp_img_path</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/temp</param-value>
        <description>Directory where temporary image files are
put.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>context_root</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/websites/mapfiles</param-value>
        <description>Absolute root path to context files. All context
should be in that folder (or sub folder).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>context_maxsize</param-name>
        <param-value>1000000</param-value>
        <description>This is the context file max size that a CWC2 user
can upload on the server</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>template_root</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/websites/template</param-value>
        <description>Absolute root path to template files. All template
should be in that folder (or sub folder).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>fontlist_file</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/etc/fonts.txt</param-value>
        <description>Path and filename of the font list file used by
MapServer (i.e. /path/to/file/fonts.txt ).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>symbol_file</param-name>
        <param-value>c:/chameleon11a/etc/symbols.sym</param-value>
        <description>Path and filename of the symbol file used by
MapServer (i.e. /path/to/file/symbols.sym ).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>textbutton_default_font_size</param-name>
        <param-value>11</param-value>
        <description>Buttons font size in points</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>textbutton_default_font_antialiasing</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
        <description>Text Button font antialiasing (true or
false)</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>gd_version</param-name>
        <param-value>gd2</param-value>
        <description>Version of GD graphic library (gd,
gd2)</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>freetype_version</param-name>
        <param-value>freetype</param-value>
        <description>Version of Freetype library used (use "ttf" for
Freetype 1.3 or "freetype" for Freetype 2.x)</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>execution_timeout</param-name>
        <param-value>240</param-value>
        <description>The amount of time in seconds to allow PHP to
process a PHP page.  This includes (for now) the time required to draw
remote WMS layers which can be lengthy.</description>
    </context-param>

</app-context>

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956