MapTools.org

[Chameleon] keymap and map display fix

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:24:20 -0400
Hi again, thought I'd share to everyone who is having problems setting
up chameleon 1.1a or the sample application. I found that for me the
main map and keymap would not appear unless the web_server_path value in
the cwc2.xml config file was set to the URL and not the path, therefore
http://<localhost>/chameleon/ or whatever. Also, the keymap will not
work unless you specify the projection in the mapfile:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
  END

Although, you would need to update the espg projection file in the
proj/nad folder by downloading and installing the file:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-espg-with-42xxx-and-esri.zip

This should fix some problems, hopefully. Anyhow... Back to my own
problems.

RT

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956