MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Use of chameleon

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:49:43 -0400
This was an off-list discussion going on, that we thought might be of
interest to the broader chameleon list.  I've capture the discussion to
date below:

Original message from Tom Kralidis:

cwc2, or CGDI WMS Client Component, is a project between Natural Resources
Canada and DM Solutions Group, in support of the Canadian Geospatial Data
Infrastructure.  The idea behind cwc2 was to enable rapid application
development of web clients connecting to OGC type services.  Since cwc2
takes care of alot of the complexities of web mapping applications,
organizations can create simple templates and deploy applications in rapid
fashion, either by installing the cwc2 engine onsite, or calling it
remotely.  A main target of the project is government organization web
developers, who aren't necessarily WebGIS type experts.

Follow-up question from Chris Nicholas

It does look interesting, though we have to get used to PHP; we are a
Java shop here, and are using the Java/SWIG interfaces to Mapserver.

One thing of particular interest to us is the plan for more
sophisticated applications, that involve directed graphs of user
interactivity. In particular, what framework similar to Java "Struts",
that enables high-level application design such as:
http://www.synthis.com/products/adalon/overview.jsp, do you foresee for
Chameleon and PHP pages in general?

Chris Nicholas
GlobeXplorer