MapTools.org

[Chameleon] 2 more bugs

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:46:42 -0500
Bart,

PanMap error is a known bug, I think there is one in Bugzilla.  The
other issue is an interesting one and has to do with how browsers
implement the DOM and events.  Essentially, the browser is not
preventing the event associated with the mouse click in the drop down
list from 'bubbling' up to the document object's event handlers.

There are some work-arounds for this kind of thing, but it can end up
being a nightmare of cross-browser hacks.  A redesign of javascript
event handling may be required.  I will record this bug for future
reference, but we probably won't attempt to address it for the next release.

PS bug 138 for the javascript event thing and bug 139 for the PanMap (it
wasn't in the public bugzilla)