MapTools.org

[Chameleon] theme selector

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:17:45 +0100
Hi list,

I have a question about some functionality. I do not know whether or not
this functionality is present in Chameleon.

I have a Chameleon application which has 3 themes. Each theme uses a
different classification on the same data. Let's call them Theme A, B and
C for simplicity. These 3 themes are available for three moments in time,
1980, 1990 and 2000. So at the moment I have 9 layers in my application.

I want to present the user a select box with the three themes, based on
which the layers are shown, in the map and in the LegendTemplate widget.

In what way would it be possible to implement this functionality? By using
a simple convention in the layer names for instance?

Also, Chameleon has a TimeFilter widget which would perform this kind of
functionality based on the time instead of based on the theme. But if I
understand correctly Mapserver does not support the time parameter from
the WMS spec yet?