MapTools.org

[Chameleon] CWC2 1.01 released

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:16:26 -0400
All,

I have released CWC 1.01, a minor update to the final release of CWC2
1.0.  This release adds two new widgets requested by CCRS:

* ExtractContext - a button that sends the user's current context (what
they are viewing) to some URL defined in the widget tag.  The
expectation is that this would be a web service that accepts
CONTEXT=<url to context.xml> as a GET parameter and performs some
service (i.e. extraction) based on the context.

* ROIMode - a Navigation widget that reverses the default order of
selecting a tool then dragging an ROI to allow for the selection of an
ROI first, then the selection of a tool to operate on the ROI.  The
ROIMode widget generated some changes in several other places, most
notably the MapDHTMLImage widget and the CWC JSAPI code.  This has been
tested and appears to work with the browsers and configurations I have
available to me.  You are encouraged to test this in your own test
environment before production use.

I have also updated the documentation a bit and fixed a few minor issues
in some javascript compatibility.

If you discover any problems with this update, please report bugs
through bugzilla at http://www.maptools.org/bugzilla.

Paul Spencer
Applications and Software Development
DM Solutions Group Inc.