MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Only a subset of points showed up on a layer

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:28:00 -0500
Stephanie,

there are a number of places that this could go wrong.

First, if you are using contexts then you are using WMS layers, not WFS.
  If you are supplying a WFS as the online resource of a layer in the
context file then it will likely not work at all, or perhaps only
partially.  MapServer may interpret the results correctly due to how it
attempts to load data using multiple drivers.  But I don't think it
would work in this case.

Another possibility is differences in projection or location in data.
When you view the wms image, it will show you all the data.  Is it
possible that the extents that you are viewing in the chameleon
application are limiting the points spatially and that the result is
actually correct?  If only some points show up and they are not in the
right place then it may be a projection issue.

|Paul Spencer                           pspencer@dmsolutions.ca   |