MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Zend WinEnabler

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:40:43 -0500
This could be a big performance boost and is something that we have been
trying to find the time to start testing.  MapScript now compiles for
php as a module, but has not been extensively tested nor have many
applications.

Just running as a module should provide some increase in performance,
but probably neglible for Chameleon.  However, once running as a module,
it should be possible to take advantage of memory-persistent sessions,
and to have pre-compiled or optimized versions of the php code (Zend
Optimizer for example).

PS You don't actually need WinEnabler to do these things, it just won't
be quite as stable without it.