MapTools.org

[Chameleon] ArcIMS

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde@xs4all.nl
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:03:37 +0200
Hi,

you won't have any problems getting your maps from ArcIMS in Chameleon if
you use the WMS connector (version 0.0.6) from the ESRI interoperability
download centre.

However, the following type of functionality will be problematic (but not
impossible if you have e.g. basic PHP skills):
-WMS GetFeatureInfo (query results using a click in the map) as ArcIMS WMS
provides ArcXML as output
-download GML or shapefile (as ArcIMS WFS connector only provides a HTTP
POST interface for GetFeature and Chameleon assumes HTTP GET).

So basic functionality (getting maps) will work, advanced functionality
won't work out of the box.