[Chameleon] Custom Query Results

Tracy Howlett thowlett at whistlermuseum.org
Sat Apr 17 16:29:24 EDT 2004

> Pardon the duplicate post - just wanted to make sure the subject heading
wasn't misleading!

Hello All,

My application is pretty much finished now but I do have a couple of tweaks
I'd like to get done.

My query tool works well but in my query results I always get these three
additional fields:

SHAPE_INDEX; TILE_INDEX; LAYER_INDEX

I'd like to suppress this information as it means nothing to the user.  In
order to try and streamline my query results all of my shapefiles contain
only the following fields:

FID; Shape; Name; Detail

I've dug around and I think that the table is being written out in the
QueryResults.phtml file.  I see a number of arrays in there which I assume
are populated with my layers and the fields for each layer.  Could someone
give me some hint as to how I can tell the array to ignore the above named
fields???  The part I can't figure out is how the names of the fields are
being changed from FID in my shapefile to SHAPE_INDEX in the results.  Is
there a file I'm missing which includes this name switch?

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only person
who'd like to have these ID fields be invisible!

Cheers!

Tracy