[Chameleon] Problem with First Chameleon App

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Wed Aug 18 22:27:28 EDT 2004

Tim ...

On Aug 17, "Pascoe,Tim [Burlington]" <Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca> wrote:
> 	I'm new to Chameleon, and I seem to be having some trouble getting a test application
running properly.

> 	I have:
>

> PHP 4.3.8
>
> IIS 5
>
> MapScript 4.2.2
>
> Chameleon 1.99Beta
>

> 	I've managed to get the Chameleon samples working fine, but when I try and modify a
simple map to run with my own template, I run into problems. Strangely, when I load the
.phtml file, everything is displayed fine, but I get the dreaded 'red x' for the image and
the 'wait image' just continues...waiting. However - if I zoom in on the map several
times, I suddenly get an image.

is this the font issue that you reported in a separate email?

> 	I'm using the code from the sample_basic_buttonizer example, with the same map file
that comes with the samples. I changed all of the paths (as far as I know), and have run
out of ideas. One thing I did notice is that the map images generated do not seem to be
stored in the temp file for map images - is this by design, or is there a problem
somewhere? There are no temp files generated, even when the zoomed in map is drawn.

The map image is drawn on the file in a php script and is never saved to disk.

> 	One other question - do the CWC2 tags in a template need to be enclosed in DIV tags, or
can they simply be inserted into the appropriate location in a table layout?

nope, they can be placed anywhere ... the samples are all based on one design that just
happens to use divs ...