[Chameleon] raster hang

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Tue Aug 24 09:00:38 EDT 2004

Ken-ichi,

this is a curious problem.  I am at a loss to understand why this might
be a problem.  I have only one thought that came to mind, PHP can be
configured to allow a maximum amount of memory per running process and I
think the default is 8mb (the setting is in php.ini).

I don't know the internals of MapServer/GDAL memory management, but it
may be possible that the PHP process is limiting memory and causing
inefficient access to larger rasters.

There is probably another problem, but it would be interesting if you
could modify your php.ini to increase the amount of memory available to
php processes and report any differences in performance.