[Chameleon] raster hang

Ken-ichi kueda at wso.williams.edu
Wed Aug 25 13:42:19 EDT 2004

Interesting workaround, Jacob.  My map image is 400x450, which doesn't
seem exorbitantly large to me.  While it does seem like this is a
PHP-related problem, I have my doubts about blaming PHP's performance if
the problem doesn't occur with a file of the same size but in a
different format (i.e. the .img that seems to work ok for me).  This
might make sense if I was using the built-in TIFF functionality as
opposed to GDAL but I compiled MapServer without the --with-tiff, so in
theory it should be relying on GDAL for TIFFs.  Is there any way to
confirm this?

I was also unable to find the URL for my map image to test if it's
getting rendered.  All I see is skins/default/images/a_pixel.gif.  How
exactly does Chameleon render and store the map image?

Do you experience this problem in a non-Chameleon phpMapScript environment?

-Ken-ichi