[Chameleon] Testing Beta2 Service Instance

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Thu Aug 26 16:03:35 EDT 2004

I'm having trouble attempting to test the 1.99 Beta2 CWC2 Service
Instance using the supplied default application. I'm following the
instructions in cwc2/CWC2_INSTALLATION.txt file.

I think I have the service instance installed correctly, following the
steps in that document.

An existing Beta 1 Chameleon 1.99 only application works fine with the
Beta2 installation.
The first service instance test:
http://<myserver>/cwc2/cwc2.php

returns the correct error message.

But the second service intance test of the default application is
failing:
http://<myserver>/cwc2/cwc2.php?service=VCG&request=GetApplication&version=0.1.0
The browser displays:
query string was service=VCG&request=GetApplication&version=0.1.0
Invalid request. No CONTEXTS parameter was provided and the Service
Instance has no default context

I used the supplied default_context: cwc2/contexts/world_context.xml and
template: cwc2/templates/sample_cwc2.html, etc.

My Apache error log is showing:

PHP Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in
/usr/opt/chameleon/chameleon-1.99beta-20040709/htdocs/common/appcontext/appcontext.php on line 213
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  param-value in
/usr/opt/chameleon/chameleon-1.99beta-20040709/htdocs/common/appcontext/appcontext.php on line 276

Debugs added by me confirm that appcontext.php is attempting to parse
the correct cwc2.xml file but is failing on the first token in the
parseContextFile() routine.

Eric