[Chameleon] Making chameleon work with index.php

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Mon Aug 30 13:29:06 EDT 2004

Is there a way to make chameleon work with just the directory name in
the URL with the 1.99b chameleon sample setup?

For example http://www.rockies.ca/chameleon instead of
http://www.rockies.ca/chameleon/test.phtml

I renamed the 'test.phtml' to 'index.php' which is one of my default
names that auto loads when you type in just the directory path. This
works for the initial load, but if you do anything after that it returns
a 'cant find page' error. I have another project setup with some
javascript front end that starts at the index.php, but because of the
scripting it auto adds index.php to the location bar and thus it works
fine.

Thoughts on how to enable this?

Ken