[Chameleon] Shades of Colour

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Tue Aug 31 15:42:06 EDT 2004

Yes, that is possible. You would need to add CLASSES to your map file
for each color you want and specify what color to use based on a
CLASSITEM.  Here is a sample layer for bathymetry polygons. Note: I have
darker blues for shallow depths, and lighter blues for deeper depths.
The shapefile has a column called GRIDCODE which has the depth.

LAYER
  NAME "bathy_poly"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON