[Chameleon] Save local files context

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Dec 3 11:17:23 EST 2004

Hi,

you can't use contexts then :)  If you are referring to the ability to
keep a session alive while the user is using it, that is available in
the KeepSessionAlive widget.  If you are referring to some sort of state
that can be saved and returned to later, you would need to create a
widget for this I think.  Some things to think about:

* what constitutes a session state (you've answered this as extents,
layers and mapsize - what about projection?  are there any other
attributes of a session that are important?)

* how does the session state get saved?  Where does it get saved?

* how do you 'restore' a session state?

* is the session state user-specific?  What are the implications (login)

I think this could be a useful widget for Chameleon but unfortunately I
don't have any spare time to do it for you.  Unless someone volunteers
(or you have $$), you may have to invest some time in learning PHP and
Chameleon to work on this yourself.