[Chameleon] 1 on n widget parameters

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 21 06:29:55 EST 2004

Hello list,

for embedding a widget into my main page (instead of a popup) I use a div
for which after the page load I put the src to the ...Popup.phtml file of
a widget, e.g.:

	function myOnLoad()
	{
		pageLoaded = true;
	    CWC2OnLoadFunction();
		document.getElementById("catalogframe"). src =
"/chameleon/widgets/GeoservicesCatalogSearch/CatalogSearchPopup.phtml?szCallbackFunc=catalogSearchCB&szWcasURL=http://geoservice1-agi.minvenw.nl:8080/deegreewcas/wcas&iMaxRecords=10&sid=[$gszSessId$]&bEmbedded=1&szMapviewerURL="+MapviewerURL+"&szMapviewerLiteURL="+MapviewerLiteURL;
    }

Now I wanted to change this approach to incorporate a 1 to n parameter (I
now have one WCASURL, but I need n). For widgets it is possible to define
parameters which are children of the widget CWC2 tag (1 to n parameters).

How does this work in Chameleon when these "arrays" need to be passed over
the URL to the popup.phtml page? Are there examples of this? Or can a
popup.phtml page also access the widget params through another way? How
would one go about this?

I remember Paul mentioning a different approach to this embedding popups
problem by changing Popup.php to use div's inside the page. Would that
approach solve my problem described above or would I still have a problem
with 1 to n widget params?

Hope the e-mail is still clear :), must sound a bit vague ....

Thanks in advance,