[Chameleon] Chameleon 2.0 Release Candidate 1 available

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Dec 21 14:23:55 EST 2004

(appologies ... this was supposed to go out out this am but it only went
on the dev list :( )

All,

Chameleon 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available for download.  There
have been updates to documentation and some minor bug fixes since 1.99
beta 4.

Downloads are available at http://www.maptools.org/chameleon.

Changes
-------

Most of the widget documentation has now been generated and the help
viewer has been fixed up to display the generated help files, but there
is currently no content in the new help documents.  What documentation
there is can be viewed using the Help Viewer at http://<your
server>/chameleon/help

Note that you still need the php_xslt extension for this version, but we
will be distributing pre-built HTML versions of the documentation (once
it is written) with the final version, which will eliminate this
requirement.

Bug Fixes
---------

no bug: chameleon.php
  - added additional host detection for virtual host situations

no bug: multiple files
  - minor updates to widgets for auto-generated documentation

no bug: Button.php
  - fix problem initializing default buttons when multiple toolsets are
in use

no bug: LegendTemplate.widget.php
  - minor change to help with using multiple templates within a single
session

no bug: MapTips.widget.php
  - minor change to make MapTips work correctly if visible="false"

no bug: Ruler widget
  - modified javascript to position default images closer to center of mouse

bug 901: geomath.php
  - made 6th argument of Pix2Geo optional

bug 734: NavTool.php, ROIMode.widget.php
  - removed registration of DEFAULT attribute, added registration of
CURSORTYPE

bug 890: multiple files
  - removed strtoupper call on widgetclass and widgetstyle attributes

no bug: ZoomOut.widget.php
  - added return value to prevent warning in HTML comments when ZoomOut
is selected but not used

bug 905: session.php
  - suppress warnings during garbage collection