MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Problem with CompassPoint Widget

Dave Astolfo dastolfo1@cogeco.ca
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:57:44 -0500
Figured it out...  Although I am using V 1.1, it appears that the
required parameters that are listed on the Widget documentation don't
match. Here is what worked (see original msg below for what did not
work):

<CWC2 type="CompassPoint" panpercent="80" imageheight="19"
imagewidth="19" direction="northwest" image="images/pan_1_northwest.png"
visible="true" />

Note the variable for IMAGES. In the documentation, it states that you
need:
IMAGEBASE
DIRECTION
IMAGEEXTENSION
And that combined, these make up the pointer to the image and direction
that will be called in code..  Odd.... But it works.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: chameleon-admin@lists.maptools.org
[mailto:chameleon-admin@lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Dave Astolfo
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:52 PM
To: chameleon@lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Chameleon] Problem with CompassPoint Widget

I am having trouble implementing the compasspoint widget. I am using
Chameleon 1.1

Sample code:

<CWC2 type="CompassPoint" panpercent="80" imageheight="19"
imagewidth="19" imageextension=".gif" imagebase="images/pan_"
direction="northwest" visible="true" />

I have verified that pan_nortwest.gif is in the folder images/ .   The
error I am getting is:

ERROR: Invalid image specified in Icon.php for parent 20 of type
CompassPoint.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave