MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Query Results

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:09:50 -0400
Hi Tracy, here is an example map file. You have to set the tolerance on
it so that the query will pick up the features:

  LAYER
    NAME "Forest"
    GROUP "Forest Type"
    STATUS ON
    TEMPLATE "c:/chameleon11a/websites/template/blank.html"
    TYPE POLYGON
    MAXSCALE 500000
    TILEINDEX "D:/GIS_Data/coindex/coindex"
    TILEITEM "loforest"
    CLASSITEM "COVER_TYPE"
    TOLERANCE 10
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      NAME "Softwood"
      EXPRESSION "2"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        COLOR 33 66 0
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME "Mixwood"
      EXPRESSION "5"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        COLOR 33 99 33
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME "Hardwood"
      EXPRESSION "8"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        COLOR 100 50 0
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
  END

Good Luck!

Rene

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro

Phone: (902) 893-5655
Mobile: (902) 209-8956

>>> "Tracy Howlett" <thowlett@whistlermuseum.org> 2004-02-15 6:00:46 PM

Hello,

I have my Query Tool working in principle but I can't actually get it
return any information.  I have put the DUMP, TEMPLATE and STATUS (on)
variables in my mapfile and all shapefiles have an attribute table.
When I
click on any one of them using my Information tool I just get 'no
results
returned for...'.  How can I tell Chameleon which fields to return?

Also, what if I have a URL that I'd like to link to in the results
table -
can I have a field which is displayed and then another field which
actually
contains the link without having to show it?  For example I want the
query
results to say 'click here for more info' and then link to a url which
is
stored in the associated dbf of the shapefile.

As always your thoughts are much appreciated.

Tracy