MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon Installation

Gianluigi Nozza gianluigi.nozza@tiscali.it
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:58:34 +0100
I tried a couple of days to get chameleon 1.1 work. It doesn't.
I have a working installation of Maplab that works fine, except for the
colour picker that do not display, (maybe some java configuration problem, I
have only Microsoft VM), so Mapserver, PHP, PHP mapscript is assumed to be
correctly installed, and I can navigate in all the demos I found. I could
even deploy an application using Gmf_factory and with the help of the list,
I was able to add to the rosa tools the ruler widget, (next days I'll post
the suggestion the list provided).
Chameleon instead, doesn't work. I get the same problems posted on the list
by Tracy Howlett in december,
when tring to access the test.html or demo.html file I can't see any widget,
while accessing chameleon.php returns a blank page.
I read all the suggestions, I tried the indications in Chamaleon Wiki about
installing with IIS and windows 2000 (which is my system), I tried a lot of
times changing paths over paths unsuccessfully, and since I cannot get any
error message I don't know what to do now.
Questions:
inside the last version of chameleon 1.1, I cannot find cwc2.php wich was
present in the previous release (I need it or no ?, cwc2.php is referred by
other files, so I made the supposition that cwc2.php was missing, but even
adding to the installation, chameleon still doesn't work)

the reference to geobase_en.html in cwc2.xml is needed ? It is missing in my
installation and I don't know where to get it.

which is the html, or php or phtml file that I have to access to start the
chameleon environment ?

Any help will be greately appreciated. But please be simple I'am a newbie.