MapTools.org

[Chameleon] Chameleon Installation

Dave Astolfo dastolfo1@cogeco.ca
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:40:35 -0500
I had similar problems. There is a discussion about this in the list. To
save you time, try this in the index.html file. I was told that there
was an error in the function call.

See the text // CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR INSTALL for items you will
have to change.

<?
/*
 * this is a sample of a minimal application script required to
 * get a chameleon application running with a template and a
 * local map file.  Most applications should actually just
 * copy this file and modify the template and mapfile
 * parts and should not need to do a lot more here.
 */

//include( "/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/chameleon.php" );

// CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR INSTALL
include( "c:\mapservertools\cwc2\htdocs\chameleon.php" );

// CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR INSTALL
$szTemplate = "chirp.html";

// CHANGE THIS TO MATCH YOUR INSTALL
//$szMapFile = "/ms4w/apps/chameleon_sample/map/chameleon.map";
$szMapFile = "c:\mapservertools\chameleon_sample\map\chameleon.map";

class SampleApp extends Chameleon
{
  function SampleApp()
  {

    $this->moMapSession = new MapSession_RW;
    $this->moMapSession->setTempDir( getSessionSavePath());
    //this is to test to see if we can bypass the .map file STATUS
values and set layers on by another means

    parent::Chameleon();
  }

//  function CWCInitializeMap()
//  {
//    $this->moMapSession = new MapSession_RW;
//    $this->moMapSession->setTempDir( getSessionSavePath());
//    parent::CWCInitializeMap();
//  }

  function CWCLoadTemplate($szTemplateName)
  {
    $this->mszTemplate = implode("\n", file($szTemplateName));
  }
}

$oApp =  new SampleApp();
$oApp->CWCInitialize( $szTemplate, $szMapFile  );
$oApp->CWCExecute();
?>