MapTools.org

[Chameleon] What does chameleon do?

pxniw pxniw pxniw69@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 22:00:25 -0800 (PST)
Installed new fonts, and that took care of the
problem. (Thx Julien for suggestion)

Phew...

Thanks all for your help.

Now trying to figure out a way to include all labels.
(As of right now, it will only list first
Restaurant_Name in the table)

Sometimes I might have 10 other times 50 listed.
Any suggestions for this?
Thanks
Px

--- Julien-Samuel Lacroix <lacroix@dmsolutions.ca>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I made a mistake here. The label are a little
> bit problematic in
> this particular case. First, If you want the number
> on your marker
> remove completly the label statement. Just
> specicying Label="" only tell
> it to use an empty label. Secondly, since you have
> more tha one element
> in your shared resource, it's a kind of array. So
> you will have to use
> the syntax [$MyResult.0.Restaurant_name],
> [$MyResult.1....], etc.. I
> know it's not very usefull, but the labels were not
> originally design to
> show content of shared resource with more than one
> row. In future, there
> will probably be a keyword like
> [$MyResult._INDEX_.Restaurant_name] to
> use the current record.

> You can only see the content of a shared resource
> from a widget I think.
> Maybe Paul or someone else can confirm that. The
> Table widget can be
> usefull for seeing the content of a shared resource.

> Humm...I don't know. Maybe by putting echo and
> print_r in the code... ;)
> Or since yu work with 1.1, you could try using event
>
> (http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/event).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Julien
>
> pxniw pxniw wrote:
> > Well for some reason I was not on the chameleon
> list,
> > so some of my questions did not show up.
> >
> > Anyhow, it should be working now.
> > I got below sample to work, but still had some
> > problems with Labels. (Labels won't show, and
> confused
> > what the correct syntax should be.)

([$Shared_resource_name.first_element.second_element.etc...])

(http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/MapImageSharedResource).

(http://www.maptools.org/chameleon/wiki/SharedResource).

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/mapfile-reference.html#layer

> >>Hope this will help.